We have moved to new web address.
Visit us for more Health Article , Blog Posts, n Lifestyle Tips for Holistic Health.
All blog post from here will be added on this new web address too, so you will not miss any post.
Now onward all new posts will be uploaded on this new address. I hope your supports n love will be continue and you all will be in touch at our new address…!
Visit our new Website … Bookmark it … Subscribe it now….
Gulkand is a sweet preserve of rose petals from India. Gul means flower in both Persian and Urdu whereas qand means sweet in Arabic. Gulqand is commonly used as an ingredient of Paan, a popular dessert and digestive of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Ayurveda said its so many benefits, Though one should take it after Ayurveda doctor’s advise.But its taken widely as a home made remedies in India.
- Place the rose petals and sugar in layers in a wide-mouthed airtight glass jar.
- Place this jar in sunlight for 6 hours per day for around 3 to 4 weeks.
- On alternate days, the contents of the jar should be stirred with a wooden stick.
- The jar should be kept indoors once done.
- Other ingredients, such as silver foil, Praval Pishti, cardamom seeds, or Muktapishti (powdered pearl) can be added to increase the cooling properties of the gulkand.(it should be added under observation of doctor or after advise of doctor)
- It reduces hyper-acidity due to its cooling nature. Hence it can be used in treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers. It helps strengthen the digestive system.
- It helps in increasing urine output and hence may be given to the individuals who have problem of water retention.
- Helps reduce the pain during menstruation and can be used as an aid to treat dysmenorrhoea. It is also helpful as an aid in treating white discharge.
- It helps facilitate digestion and reduces nausea.
- It helps to prevent acne and foul body odor.
- It helps heal mouth ulcers if dissolved in water and gargled. It also helps strengthen teeth and gums..
- It helps increase virility and hence is described as ‘Vrishya’ in Ayurveda. It is proved that the essential oil present in the rose flower has aphrodisiac properties. This could be another reason why rose is associated with love.
- Rose has conducive effect on heart and hence can be given to patients suffering from various cardiac problems as ‘anupan’ with various other drugs. Gulkand acts as a catalyst and facilitates effective uptake of these medicines by the body and thus help control various heart ailments like palpitation, arrhythmia and hypertension or high blood pressure.
- It can be used effectively to combat epistaxis (bleeding through the nose) which occurs in some children during warm season.
- It helps reduce the burning sensation of palms and sole. In severe conditions, Sitopaladi churna should be added.(after Physician’s advice)
- It helps reduce stress as it has calming effect on the nervous system.
- If consumed in small amount it helps reduce the frequency of motions but acts as a laxative if taken in large quantities. Hence it can be used to treat both loose motions as well as constipation.
- Other substances added in it like corals or pearls are good sources of calcium and help strengthen the bones. Small quantities of silver is also added which is potent metal to increase the intellectual capacity.
- It can be used to reduce side effects of allopathic drugs such as antibiotics, anticancer drugs etc.
- 1 tsp. in the morning, afternoon and evening, after food. Total 10-12 grams a day on a regular basis.
- It can be used to make sweet meals, milk shakes or used as a filling for cakes and pastries.
- You will not have to run behind the children to give them their morning dose of this refreshing summer tonic. Chances are that they will be pestering you to give them some more of it.
Contra indications: Diabetic patients with high level of Blood sugar should consume it only after the advice of their personal Vaidya or diabetologists only.
Ayurveda ha unique concept dat r nt found in othr system of medicines.
A few examples r theories like Virrudha ahara(contraindicated fod), Vegdharan(dont stop d urge of sneezing, thirst, urination) etc.
Ativyavay or excess of sexual activity is one of dem.
Ayurveda says excessive sexual activity ultimately leads to a satate where d person become more suceptible to diseases like Fever, Skin problems, diseases of Vata dosha, Piles, KAs(Cough). Gout, Pratishyay(running nose) etc etc.
Ayurveda Believe –> Too mush is too bad in reference to sexual acts.But d word excess is a relative term depending upon one’s individual capacity which shud be assessed by d physicians.