Naturally sweet and delightfully aromatic, cinnamon is a wonderful power food just common in kitchens’ spice rack in India. Cinnamon has been known from remote antiquity. Thousands years ago Ayurveda mentioned its valuable health and medicinal benefits.
Yes, this amazing spice can add delicious flavor and amazing health benefits, when sprinkled on your favorite dishes, or on new creations. Turn an ordinary dish or drink into the ultimate healthy comfort food. Soon you will be falling in love with cinnamon all over again after reading this post.
Find out some of the fascinating ways you can use cinnamon, and what makes it so effective, here-
“त्वच्यं लघु उष्णं कटुकं स्वादु तिकत्श्च रुक्षकं I
पित्तलं कफवातघ्नं कण्डु वामि अरुचि नाशनम् I
ह्रदय स्त्रिरोग वातर्श कृमि पीनस शक्र ह्यत् II “
1. its anti fungal, antibacterial and anti parasitic n anti-inflammatory
2. useful in Type 2 diabetes, lower LDL “bad” cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides and GI upsets
3. excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium
4. smelling cinnamon improves our memory and performance of certain tasks
5. increase resistance to and help fight the common cold by battling congestion and inducing perspiration
7. Reduces body temperature due to fever
8. Relieves joint pain due to arthritis
9. Can treat diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and flatulence
10. will freshen your breath when chewed
11. cinnamon given therapeutically can improve glucose use and blood concentrations, which are known to favorably influence body fat levels
12. Applying a paste of cinnamon powder and honey can relieve toothache
13. It is a natural food preservative
14. proven effective for menstrual pain and other gynecological problems
15. for infertility -Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
16. Regularly take tea made with honey and a little cinnamon powder increase longevity
17. cinnamon reduces chronic inflammation linked with Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumor,meningitis n such neurological disorders
18. Not a health benefit, but a great reason to love cinnamon, it’s versatile. It works with sweet and savory dishes alike
19. useful in vata types of Piles
20.Very useful in treatment of worms in children
-Some other ideas for adding cinnamon to food include: added to unsweetened coffee or tea at breakfast, sprinkled on unsweetened applesauce, whole peaches or pears, used in whey protein smoothies, or even added to your scrambled eggs in the morning or at night!
-enjoy cinnamon occasionally in small amounts.Because it aggravates Pitta dosha. So larger amount cause gastric irritation.