Kidney stone is one of the most common diseases in Asian countries. There are many reasons behind it.
HOW KIDNEY STONE FORMATION HAPPENS???
Diet is one of several factors that can promote or inhibit kidney stone formation. Other factors include heredity, environment, weight, and fluid intake.
The body uses food for energy and tissue repair. After the body uses what it needs, waste products in the bloodstream are carried to the kidneys and excreted as urine. Certain foods create wastes that may form crystals in the urinary tract. In some people, the crystals grow into stones.
For people who have had a kidney stone, preventing another will be a priority. In addition to dietary changes, a person may need medicine to prevent kidney stones.
WHICH ARE THE CAUSES OF KIDNEY STONE FORMATION???
- Reduced necessary amount of water intake
- IF one with holds the urge of urination and retains it in the bladder for long time in due course it will result in the formation of Calculi[stone]
- excessive salt and mineral rich diet
- some side-effects of modern allopathic medicines
- mental imbalance due tamsik n rajsik bhav etc etc…!
Lets see some food which can be helpful in prevention of stone—>>>
“YES” for this types of Food —
- VEGETABLES – Carrots, Karela (Bitter Gourd), Potatoes, Radish , Pumpkin
Above vegetables are the rich source of stone inhibitors like magnesium, phosphorus, and phyto-constituents useful for urinary systems.
- FRUITS – Bananas, Mango, Pulp of fresh bel fruit, Raisin without seeds, Lemons, Apricots, Plums, Apple, Almonds, Pistachio
Vitamin-C, Beta-carotene & Vitamin-B complex presents in fruits, breakdowns oxalates in the body thereby, preventing stone formations.
- CEREALS – Barley, Chiwda (puffed rice), Moong dal, Horse gram(extracts)
Food providing rich source of magnesium & potassium, act as stone inhibitors due to their balanced diuretic’s healing properties.
- MISCELLENIOUS – Coconut water, Lemonade, Aloe vera juice, Corn silk(water), Pineapple juice, Butter milk
Such drinks contain nutrients to prevent stone formation like dialyzable bio-molecules.
- FOR STREGTHEN – Papayas, Garlic, Cranberry juice, Yogurt
A healthy diet from variety of components provides nutritional supplements to regularize kidney functioning, metabolism and improve body defense system.
“NO” for these types of Foods —
- VEGETABLES – Brinjal, Beans, Lady finger, Capsicum, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Palak
Food with high oxalates contents encourage calcium oxalate stone formation, the most common type of renal stones.
- FRUITS – Black grapes, Kiwi, Strawberries, Chickoo, Phalsa
Urine should be kept alkaline to prevent stone formations, thus fruits should be liberally used & acid forming foods should be minimized.
- CEREALS – Fine wheat flour(Menda), Oatmeal, Bran
IF level of urine oxalate is high, limiting high oxalate food reduce risk of forming renal stones.
- MISCELLANEOUS – Coffee, Cashew nuts, Chocolates, Poppy seeds
Food which irritates the kidney should be avoided to regulate the acidity or alkalinity of the urine.
- HIGH PURINE FOOD – Rajma, Mushroom, Cauliflower, Peas
Food rich in uric acid / purirens increase urinary excretion of uric acid which predisposes to both uric acid & oxalate stones.
With the heelp of this simple food tips, one need f\proper Ayurveda medication which suits his/her body constitutes and eradicate the stone.
Basti and snehan-swedan treatment is beneficial panchkarma in such cases.
Here at our clinic we treat cases of kidney stone effectively with Ayurveda medication.